At the moment I have too many things racketing round trying to find space to lodge in my brain.
If I list them here maybe I won't lie awake at 2.00 a.m. listing them in my head.
These things include:
- plans for daughter's 18th birthday next week, which will be a four day festival of events. Presents to buy, cakes to make, food to organise, a house to clean
- the angst-ridden 14 year old, and what's causing the angst, is it just that he's .....14?
- the busted air conditioner and that part to fix it which is coming from Sydney. No doubt after the approaching weekend heatwave
- I'm working all day on the third day of the birthday festival
- I have to see the kidney specialist this week. I love him, I hate and dread the appointment ( what if it's bad news???)
- husband is away 3 or 4 days from the end of this week and into next. It's ok but it unsettles me a little. Stupidly.
There is other stuff which I'm either blocking or forgetting, I know.
The good news is after months of nothing to watch on the idiot box, I am looking forward to the new Frank Woodley show tomorrow, new Luke Nguyen cooking on Thursday and the Phyrne Fisher adaptation on Friday. I love our ABC and our SBS.
So I can goggle at the tv instead of doing stuff!